Monday, April 13, 2009

Flower in the Crannied Wall?

Flower in the crannied wall,





I pluck you out of the crannies,





I hold you here, root and all, in my hand,





Little flower -- but if I could understand





What you are, root and all, and all in all,





I should know what God and man is.











*This poem is very hard to understand...can you please help me INTERPRET the meaning of this poem LINE BY LINE?





It really fustrates me that I can%26#039;t understand it...please don%26#039;t tell me everyone has a different meaning...I KNOW there must be a general meaning...

Flower in the Crannied Wall?
Just some random thoughts.





Re-reading it you get a very good rhythm


The poet has seen a flower struggling to survive in a crack


He/ she plucks it out of curiosity


It is a miracle of life but curiosity has killed it


The writer had the power of life and death for the flower


What is life ........where does the person / flower %26quot; go %26quot; when dead


If we could understand that relationship then we might understand something about God





Hope that helps you think about the poem .....Who is it by ?



computer

No comments:

Post a Comment